There were no plans for Johannesburg’s Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system to kill off the taxi industry, mayoral committee for transport member Rehana Moosajee said yesterday. She said the BRT project intended to improve the city’s public transport services, not to take it over. “We just don’t want it to be the only form of public transport across Johannesburg.” Moosajee said the city was involved in formal negotiations to reach an agreement with the taxi industry to operate the BRT buses.
ITS Member Login
For official Corona Virus information, please visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za
- Zondo calls for new inquiry into how SA’s passenger rail was left on brink of collapse
- Majority of Sanral road network exceeds design life
- Maintenance of ageing road network a top priority – JRA
- What SA Inc needs to do to become a green hydrogen powerhouse
- New driving rules proposed for South Africa – including speed limits