There were no plans for Johannesburg’s Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system to kill off the taxi industry, mayoral committee for transport member Rehana Moosajee said yesterday. She said the BRT project intended to improve the city’s public transport services, not to take it over. “We just don’t want it to be the only form of public transport across Johannesburg.” Moosajee said the city was involved in formal negotiations to reach an agreement with the taxi industry to operate the BRT buses.
ITS Member Login
For official Corona Virus information, please visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za
- Lagos security: Sanwo-Olu seeks CDAs, CDCs’ collaboration
- Just for Lagos. Fair to the rest of Nigeria
- Liberia: National Transit Authority Bus Accident Claims Six, Injures Nine on Monrovia-Ganta Highway
- Kenya – Covid-19 vaccination: Campaign targeting public transport operators launched
- Uganda: Five Ugandan Startups to Get $18,000 Funding From Jica